ROME COLOSSEUM TICKETS
Colosseum is now open and welcoming visitors
SELECT YOUR TICKET AND TOUR HERE
Go straight up to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ring of the arena. Explore the Colosseum Underground, Arena Floor, Roman Forum, and Palatine hill with our guided tour or skip-the-line Colosseum tickets. We offer a different variety of tours and tickets such as Private tours, Small group tours, Night tours, and many more.
TYPES OF COLOSSEUM TICKETS - 2022
Colosseum Standard Ticket
The standard Rome Colosseum tickets price is €21 per person. In case you want to purchase tickets online, which is currently mandatory, it will cost €24. Although you are booking via an online portal, you will still have to undergo a security check and will not be able to skip the line under the standard ticket type.
Skip The Line Colosseum Tickets
In Colosseum skip the line tickets, you no longer need to stand in long queues and will get a straight-cut entry into the site. You can find and book this type of colosseum ticket online on our website with skip-the-line access.
Coliseum Ticket with Audio
As you already know, a standard ticket to the Colosseum costs €21 per person and when buying online, it costs €24. Adding an audio guide along will cost an additional 5 €. You can also rent an iPod Touch for 6 € more.
Colosseum Combo Tickets
This ticket is a combination of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill tour that comes with skip the line access. It grants you fast track entry into the Colosseum/Roman Forum + Palatine Hill. Time slots are available for choice for an entire day. There is also an option to add the Gladiator’s arena and audio guide to it. You can opt for either an independent entrance ticket or a small group tour. The Colosseum Rome tickets for this will cost you about €25.60
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- General Admission Tickets – Colosseum entry ticket includes Palatine Hill and Roman Forum access.
- Skip the line Colosseum Tickets– Direct access to the Arena floor and 1st and 2nd levels of the Colosseum.
- Colosseum Tour – Guided Tour with Access to the Arena Floor, 3rd Level, and the hidden tunnels, dungeons, and passageways under the Colosseum.
COLISEUM TICKET BUYING TIPS - 2022
- Book Colosseum Tickets in Advance: As the most popular attraction in Rome, it tends to be busy all year round. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we highly recommend you reserve tickets for Colosseum ahead of time and secure your place.
- Save money: By booking a combo tour for Colosseum and Vatican will save your money and time. This Combo tour includes access to Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, and Vatican Gardens.
- Audio Guide: Choose an audio guide and learn about the history of thousands of years of bloody battles.
- Ticket or Guided Tour? There are many available options for Colosseum Rome entrance tickets. Regular tickets allow you to explore only the 1st and 2nd levels. If you want to see exclusive areas, you have to book Colosseum Guided Tour.
PREPARE YOUR COLISEUM VISIT
- Covid-19 Safety Measures Applied
- Comfortable Attire – The weather in Italy is quite hot during the summer months, therefore, wear loose clothes to stay cool. Also, you’re going to be walking a lot around the amphitheater, so wear your most comfortable shoes.
- Visitors are NOT allowed to enter the sight with large bags and backpacks. Note that there is also no cloakroom.
- Keep your ID/Passport with you at all times during the visit. Security checks can be carried out by the Colosseum’s staff. Read more: Things to know before visiting Colosseum.
COLOSSEUM: VISITOR HIGHLIGHTS
- Enter through the Gladiator’s Gate and make your way into the arena as if you were about to start the battle.
- Admire exclusive views from the top level of the amphitheater, The Third Ring, on your exclusive Colosseum Underground and Third Level Tour.
- Marvel at the Colosseum Outer Wall. Look at the original pilasters and arches still remaining around the whole building.
- Explore the dungeons and restricted areas after the visiting hours with a Colosseum Underground Night Tour.
- Stand in the middle of the Arena Floor and imagine the euphoria and cheering of 50,000 spectators.
THINGS TO VISIT NEAR COLOSSEUM
- Roman Forum
Known as the hub of the Roman Empire, the Roman Forum used to be surrounded by the ruins of official buildings. You can get an entrance to the Roman Forum by purchasing a full experience ticket to the Colosseum. Make sure to visit it if you want to enjoy marveling at the temples and learning how one of the world’s oldest civilizations functioned.
- Palatine Hill
Make sure to pay a visit to the Seven Hills of Rome when you visit the Colosseum. Palatine Hill is the centermost of it all. This will be included in the full experience ticket and will give you access to a number of sites like the House of Augustus, House of Livia, Domus Flavia, Palatine Museum, Farnese Gardens, and Hippodrome of Domitian. You can also soak in breathtaking views of the Roman Forum from here.
- Domus Aurea (Golden House)
The Domus Aurea, the Latin word for “Golden House”, was a vast landscaped palace built by Emperor Nero in 64 AD when the great fire had destroyed a large part of the city and the aristocratic villas on the Palatine Hill. It is located in the heart of ancient Rome. The emperor replaced and extended his Domus Transitoria that he had built as his first palace on the site through this house.
- Colosseum Arena Floor
Discover the ancient Rome Colosseum Arena Floor by walking in the footsteps of Gladiators as you explore the special-access Colosseum Arena Floor via the ‘Gladiator’s Gate’ – the gate of warriors and heroes. Known as the most affordable special-access Colosseum arena tour in the market, the ticket for this costs around €45 online.
- Colosseum Underground
This tour gives you a chance to step back in time and enter the Colosseum through the Gladiator’s entrance. Here you get a real idea of life in ancient Rome when this amphitheater proved as a base for entertainment through gore and bloodshed. The ticket with a full experience to the Colosseum Underground area costs around €68 online. It includes what is included in the Standard Ticket with the Underground access.
- Colosseum Belvedere
The Belvedere is a special part of the Colosseum tour. On this tour, you will get to visit the 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors of the Colosseum. You can book the tickets online or directly through a ticketing agency. This is a standard ticket that includes a visit to the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, and additional access to the Belvedere.
ROME COLOSSEUM TICKETS PRICE 2022
- Children up to 6 years of age: Free entrance
- Adults General Ticket: Starting from €21
- Colosseum Guided Tours + Skip-the-line Access: Starting from €38
COLOSSEUM OPENING HOURS 2022
- 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM from Jan 2 to Feb 15
- 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM from Feb 16 to Mar 15
- 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM from Mar 16 to last Saturday of Mar
- 8:30 AM – 7:15 PM from last Sunday of Mar to Aug 31
- 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM from Sept 1 to Sept 30
- 8:30 AM – 6:30 PM from Oct 1 to last Sunday of Oct
- 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM from the last Sunday of Oct to Dec 31
COLOSSEUM TICKETS AND TOURS FAQs
To enter the Colosseum, a valid admission ticket is required. A large number of visitors every day has added long queues and big crowds. To avoid missing out on the largest amphitheater ever built, buy your Colosseum ticket online, and assure your entrance.
The Colosseum Rome tickets prices are as followed:
- Free tickets for kids up to 6 years.
- Adult Colosseum entry ticket price starts from €22.
Quick tip! European Union members between 18 and 25 years get colosseum reduced tickets.
|Dinner for two at an Italian restaurant including appetisers, main course, wine and dessert||€64|
|1 cocktail drink in downtown club||€9|
|Cappuccino in expat area of the city||€1.81|
|1 beer in neighbourhood pub (500ml or 1pt.)|
Definitely not that one. It’s quite normal to misspell this ancient Roman masterpiece. In English, we say the Colosseum and the local Italians say, “Il Colosseo.”
If you’re going to be looking for Colosseo Roma tickets, you will find all the information in Italian.
Even though you can get the tickets at the Colosseum Ticket Office, it is advisable that you book advance to secure a date and time that is most suited to your time schedule.
You can purchase your Colosseum tickets online via the Colosseum official website. It is highly recommended that you buy your tickets in advance to skip the line and have priority access.
With an expert tour guide narrating epic tales of Ancient Roman history, and answering any questions you might have to enrich your curiosity, I’d say taking a tour is well worth it!
Taking a tour to the Colosseum ensures that you are well informed of all details and corners of the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill which you may not find out otherwise.
It is best to visit the Colosseum right at the opening (8:30 AM) or an hour before closing. It is when you will find the least crowd.
Only plastic water bottles are permitted, and it is better if you fill them up at the fountains inside the Colosseum.
As the Colosseum underground gives you a real sense of the cramped spaces where the gladiators stood waiting in sweat and worry, to stand in the same space alone makes the tour worth it.
t takes 13 minutes via Corso Vittorio Emanuele II when traveling in a car to reach the Vatican from the Colosseum. It is at a distance of about 5.3 km.
Yes, food and drinks are allowed inside the Colosseum. However, there is a security check at the entrance that may confiscate any suspected item. Plastic bottled water and food are usually allowed.
It usually takes around an hour to visit the Colosseum by yourself. This includes activities like clicking pictures and strolling around talking in your own leisure way. The guided tours last between an hour and a half and forty five minutes.
While a standard Colosseum ticket grants you access to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill, a combo ticket offers you to explore popular attractions like the Vatican Museums.
In today’s date, the Colosseum is open from Monday to Friday from 10:30 AM to 04:30 PM and the final entry is at 03:30 PM.
ROME COLOSSEUM LOCATION
Address: Piazza del Colosseo, 1, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
BOOKING COLOSSEUM TICKETS ONLINE - BENEFITS
- Last Minute Colosseum tickets – We offer a selection of last-minute tickets, usually not available on other sites.
- Skip The Line Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and Roman Forum tickets – Fast track access to all three monuments.
- Mobile Voucher – Use your smartphone to show your ticket. You don’t need to print out your voucher.
- Easy Cancellation – When you buy Colosseum online tickets, you have the right to a full refund, if you cancel your reservation at least 24 hours in advance.
- Ticket Upgrade – If you wish to learn the history and explore areas that are closed to the public, then upgrade your Roman Colosseum tickets to Colosseum Tour.
- Licensed Guides – You’re guaranteed 2.5 hours of professional guidance through the Colosseum when you book private tours.
- Assistance on the Meeting Point – Our staff will assist you throughout your visit.